- 1 lb crawfish tails, cut to small pieces
- 1 cup onion (chopped)*
- 1/4 cup celery (chopped)*
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped fine and minced)
- 3 tbs white wine
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 stick butter
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)*
- 1/4 cup shallots (chopped)*
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) pack cream cheese
- 1 tsp dry mustard
* We used 2 cups from a seasoning bag
1. Cut crawfish into small pieces. Season and set aside in fridge.
2. In large saucepan, sautè onions, celery, bell peppers in butter (yeah butter)
3. Add crawfish and cream cheese. Stir, cover, and simmer until cheese is melted and crawfish cooked.
4. Add mayo, mustard, sugar, wine, and touch or two of Tobasco. Stir in.
5. Serve with crackers or bread.
It was pretty good. The butter doesn't stay in the mixture well at all, and it definitely needs to be eaten hot, but it's pretty good. Much like the Fettuccine, it is fairly sweet, surprisingly so. I think it needs some more hot sauce.